Fourth of July is truly one of my favorite times of year- anything that combines Summer weather, food, friends, family and beach-y/BBQ vibes is my cup of tea! I’d be lying if I said I’m feeling totally “Yay America” this week, but since I’m trying to enjoy the weekend with family and friends, I thought sharing some fun and healthy treats with you all would be perfect today…
We’re heading to a few parties this weekend, but if you know me, you know I’m neither creative or skilled in the kitchen. You also know I like a good healthy snack to go with the food and Rose I’ll likely be sipping, so I’m sharing two snacks I’ve narrowed it down to for this weekend.
My tips for my clients during holiday weekend are always:
1. Have fun!! This is such a special time of year, and after the last two years, we should celebrate anytime we can!!
2. BUT, there is such a thing as having fun and sticking to your goals. Have an afternoon party? You can still eat a healthy breakfast and healthy morning snack before heading out so you know you’ve gotten some good nutrients in and are less likely to overeat. Drinking a bit? You can still have a glass of water between alcoholic drinks or find a healthy alternative (I love to drink this for a healthy but still crisp and delicious afternoon beverage: https://jessicatreadwell1.isagenix.com/en-us/shop/targeted-health/bea?pid=e422d75c30464bbe9ba4038a53ff0b5a
3. Enjoy the BBQ foods, but do bring something healthy. Which, is what this post is really about. I’m including two yummy snacks that you can make in no time at all and bring along with you this weekend:
WATERMELON FETA BLACKBERRY SKEWERS
- from A Healthy Life for Me; yields 24
1 small seedless ripe watermelon, cut into 1″cubes
6 ounces of Feta cheese, cut into 1” cubes
Fresh Ripe Firm Blackberries
Small wooden skewers
- Skewer watermelon chunks, feta and blackberry.
- Place on serving platter and store in refrigerator until ready to serve
Easy Fruit Tray:
I’d love to hear what you’re all cookin up this weekend (food and plans!)
Happy 4th, friends!! 🇺🇸☀️
To your health,